Wednesday, April 25

My Brain's Gonna Splode :: Wii, Orb, Haircut, NY

Begin bulleted list
  • [I'd like to file this under 'early adopter'] So I got myself a Wii. It happened somewhat quickly and very nerdily. It's set up in my living room with the output projected on the wall in a nice 3x4 ft window. I already have tennis elbow (no joke) and have successfully sent some Miis over to my buddy who has one (and gets credit for turning me onto it).
    I've been sehr diligent in my training and am already close to pro status in tennis. It gets better though -- after installing Orb on my media PC, I can access all files, pictures, videos, mp3s, and documents from my Wii. I now sit on my couch in the evenings and surf YouTube instead of watching TV. Welcome to the future.
  • Orb is a little program that acts sort of like a streaming server.. From any other machine you hit a website, log in, and have access to your host. It's very sweet, if not a bit buggy on my Vista laptop [grrr].
  • Got shorn today. I'm moving back towards a 'hican [or is it mullethawk?]. Once I sort out exactly how its going to be documentation in the form of pictures will be posted.
  • I'm going to New York next week to visit my family -- especially my ailing grandmother. I am very excited to be able to see her, but am simultaneously sad about what I expect to encounter when I get there. She fell very ill on Easter and her status is still somewhat unclear.
And in the same vein -- I share this delectable video morsel with you





No comments: