Wednesday, July 6

Manhattan Beeyotch

I signed a lease on a place that is a short walk from this view. Hahah, the irony stings like sunburn. Hahaha bitches! No more NYC crackheads yelling ("Oye!") waking me up. Palms swaying in the wind.

No seriously, for the first time in a while I feel really excited about things..(Not you, Pats)






Enjoy this walking tour of the new 'hood:
1 Block towards the ocean is the Kettle -- 24 effing hour diner right around the corner! Schweet for the late night friends, and props for the 3D sign with neon.

Continuing down the boulevard, off on a side street we find this Starsky & Hutch alleyway next to the old parking structure. Can't wait to wander these back alleys discovering the seamy underbelly of MB. I'm rethinking my car situation (since I'm not going to get my dad's Metropolitan - which by the way, matches the railings down at the MB pier) and now a regular Jeep like the one I got in Key West seems most appropriate.


One more block down to the ocean. The sidewalks are blue tiles and have little walls (for the idiot pedestrians I guess to keep them from wandering onto the streets or for the idiot drivers from drifting into the shopping lane). In any case, they are cute and clean. And hello to the young lad in the white tank just sitting by the road. Onward ho!



At the bottom of the hills (jeezus!) there are 4 pubs within spitting proximity of each other, the pier, and the strand. Tonight we dined at Beaches, from where this snap was snapped.
The observation platform overlooking the beach and the pier. The inlay reads:
Beyond this point lies the rest of the world The 3 cardinal directions reference New Zealand, Australia, and Vietnam.

No comments: