Friday, September 8

What Now?

Since summer is essentially over (although not "officially" as most media outlets erroneously claimed while covering Labor Day weekend), I'm faced with the typical autumn introspection.

The summer was good - by meteorological standards anyway - and I did more than my fair share of traveling about, visiting friends, seeing family, etc. so I shan't complain.

I guess I can no longer procrastinate on figuring out the Next Step -- namely, what I will try to do with my time. In other words, I have to make finding meaningful work a priority. And if I can't find something meaningful, then dammnit I want to get paid fat bank. At the risk of being redundant, surely the Los Angeles area must have opportunities for a guy like me, right?

A friend recommended that I try to post more here, with a focus. I have decided to take that advice and elevate the content to more than just snarky gossip regurgitations and far-out YouTube videos.

We'll see how that goes. In the meantime, I've got to get myself cleaned up and head out to the most dreadful of places (not the dentist or church) -- the Department of Motor Vehicle, Los Angeles. I am fortunate enough to be able to help out a friend in need -- who now lives again in NY and who let her CA registration expire pay said expired registration in order to get her towed automobile out of a NYC impound lot.

Wish me luck. On all fronts.

No comments: