Monday, February 12

I, Jellyfish

Well I had a session with a personal trainer this morning. It was supposed to be last Friday, but he slept through it. (I can't say I blame him, since the session was gratis.) In any case, trainer and I both made it today for our 8am meeting.

I am disgusted. Apparently it's miraculous that I have the strength to even lift myself out of bed in the mornings. It seems that my muscles (if indeed there are any) in my butt and lower back are so useless, that I compensate for their pathetic-osity by thrusting my shoulders forward and doing all sorts of weird stuff with my foot angles. Oh and that myth about isolating a muscle when working it as being 'good form' is bullshit too. I need to do more "combination exercises".

In other words, this is what I resemble on a musculo-skeletal level:
I'm bummed out. Oh and to add insult to injury, at the end of the consultation/session we went through the song-and-dance about booking a package of sessions, etc.. It was at this point that the reality of my situation slapped me hard in the face: I. Am. Broke.

Let's see:
Out of shape: check
Weak: check
Poor Form: check
Financially wrecked: check

Thanks, Monday.

No comments: