Sunday, September 2

The End of Summer, Don't Think So

Yeah, so Labor Day. I labored quite intensely
-- TO REJOOV MAH TAN. lol

Not but seriously, it is hot and sunny here at the beach. There was not a breath of wind to be felt, which allowed for the rare blanket of humidity to hang. I was sweating like a fat kid at a cannibal camp...just laying there on the sand. The ocean was colder today then yesterday but it was most welcome. I also seem to have perfected the delicate art of the swimming shorts/functional under-support combo.

Now I'm home, freshly showered. At the end of a nice hot sunburnt summer day, when I get home and showered, hair combed wet I always think of the book L’Étranger by Camus. (Before things go to hell, I mean with the headaches and the blinding sun and the knife fight). When Meursalt recounts his day at the beach and the late afternoon back in his room with Marie.

And it's only Sunday.

No comments: