Thursday, September 20

Self Discovery :: Redux & Paradox Compel Me

So I was enjoying an old post of mine (a mental masturbation, if you will.. ED: gross) when I had a moment of clarity:
Many of the things that catch my mind/eye are things that are not necessarily primary-source original, but rather re-interpretations of things already popular or 'out there' in culture. Put another way: I don't feel it necessary to try to inject my own idea, opinion, position, or message on the world. I have my own private, internal sphere for that stuff to thrive; I do however, enjoy the re-processing of that which has been accepted by the popular culture (whatever it may be). I believe this is why I appreciate the Japanese (and German) to a certain extent, and also my peculiar position as a facilitator/designer/artist/researcher.

It may also explain why I enjoy the idea of IronMen hugging, or nerds triumphing, and atheists laughing last.

No comments: