Wednesday, July 18

The Headlines Get Gnarlier

The past couple of weeks have been marked by a gaping lack of "real news" (not that I'm complaining). Shapeshifter got married, Bush is still an idiot asshole 'leader' of epic proportions, superficiality can be rewarding, and the odd, gross headline have come across my monitor lately.

In continuation of the slow, lame news stretch, here's more gross and pretty useless information.

Larvae Take Up Residence on Man's Head
Jul 17, 11:35 PM (ET)

CARBONDALE, Colo. (AP) - Doctors thought the strange, bleeding bumps on Aaron Dallas' head might be from gnat bites or shingles. Then the bumps started moving.

A doctor found five active bot fly larvae living beneath the skin atop Dallas' head.

"I'd put my hand back there and feel them moving. I thought it was blood coursing through my head," Dallas told the (Glenwood Springs) Post Independent.

"I could hear them. I actually thought I was going crazy."

Rest of the story here. [MyWay News]

No comments: