Friday, May 19

On A Somewhat Serious/Practical Note

I'm having a hell of a time finding (on the internets) any useful or concrete information about salaries in the new media field.

I guess that shouldn't really be a surprise, but I consider myself to be a solid researcher and usually find what I'm looking for so this frustrates me. I had an interview today at a seeminly promising company for a seemingly interesting/good job but I think I'm going to be lowballed monetarily and I really, really don't want that to happen so I'm trying to arm myself with information that supports my expectations.

Any suggestions would be genuinely appreciated. (and yes, I googled 8+ pages deep and yes, I hit salary.com, monster.com, yahoo!jobs.com, salaries.com, payscales.com, etc but they are ultimately useless. trust me.)

Feel free to pass this request along to anyone you might know as well.

Oh, and I'm a team player as well with a master's degree in the field.

2 comments:

LFSP said...

Communication Arts magazine does an annual salary survey that I'm pretty sure covers your field. I looked on their web site -- commarts.com/CA/ -- but all I could find was data from 2002. You may have to subscribe to get more recent information. ... I was part of the salary survey from 2001 to 2005, so I know more recent data is available through the magazine.

Good luck!

ctrl-freak said...

Thank you. I got close to what I am looking for.