Tuesday, July 11

Farmer's Market Update *Pics Added*

I just returned from the inaugural town Farmer's Market at the newly renovated town 'square'. The police station and firestation have been relocated and given new, state-of-the-art digs. (All those kitties stuck in trees, you know.) Despite the battalions of bleached housewives with jogging strollers, I made out like a bandit. There was even an old-timers jug band of sorts, with one cute little ancient lady playing the washboard. No sign of Huck Finn, but the sprouts girl hooked me up with 6 shots of (freezable) wheat grass juice and a hefty bag of assorted sprouts and germinated beans, including but not limited to:
onion sprouts (spicy!)
radish sprouts (ditto)
3 other kinds of sprouts
black eye peas
soy beans
3 other kinds of beans

which I will be eating with the fat slab of hamachi sashimi (that's right) that I bought for slicing up. This may very well be the best and healthiest lunch I've ever made for myself.

As a result, I will be photo documenting the entire preparation.

Stay tuned.


So here's my lunch. The diet of a nomad.

This is the bag o' sprouts and beans. (It was bigger than
it appears in this photo.)

The hamachi. Yes, it's cut very poorly, because the knife I sharpened was shite.


The salad (upper left); chopstick/shoyu/wasabi dish (upper right);
hamachi sashimi platter (bottom center)

What? Oh it's just the assortment of berries I got.

The blackberries are very big.

1 comment:

drM said...

when you come here, we will go berry picking together. It's positively charming. You'll want to put on a petticoat and a bonnet.