Tuesday, July 25

A Good Thing

It's a hot and humid Tuesday (I'm not bitching, mind you, I'm just sayin') and rather than scour Craigslist for possible means of earning some money, I've been more domestically focused.

Here's what I made - a refreshing NON-ALCOHOLIC summer beverage:
6 cups of chilled still spring or mineral water
12 thin cucumber slices
4 thin lemon slices (or lime if that's your thing)
4 sprigs fresh mint, slightly crushed
2 sprigs fresh rosemary, slightly crushed

[serves 4 thirsty people]
I tell you, it's the most Martha Stewart I've gotten to date. I even used an old school wooden spoon to stir up all the herbed goodness in the pitcher. I should open my own spa.

2 comments:

LFSP said...

That sounds like it needs some gin or vodka. What good is a "refreshing summer beverage" if it doesn't have alcohol?

And look: If you're *really* gonna get Martha Stewart on people, you need to make ice cubes with fresh mint frozen inside.

I'm just sayin'.

ctrl-freak said...

Touché.

In my defense, I guess as a semi-well adjusted young man, I'm not interested in getting too Martha Stewart.

Wait..

Actually, I can top your suggestion for mint ice cubes:
I own a rubber ice cube tray that makes SHOT GLASSES which I keep in the freezer. One has mint leaves frozen in, the others lemon peel. I hadn't thought of it 'till just now. (mm. maybe i'll 'use' one pronto)

No shit. I'll post a picture of them as proof.