Wednesday, July 12

Wednesday in a Nutshell

First I heard an awesome audio clip of Ann Coulter getting owned by Adam Corolla on his radio show for her lying to him and throwing attitude, then I read that her column (didn't know she had one) got dumped from the Gazette of Cedar Rapids, Iowa (!). I imagine her, crouched in a closet ripping clumps of hair from her (empty) head as her career unravels.

Second, I've recently upped the exercise regimen while closely monitoring my protein intake. My goal is to have visible abdominal muscles by summer's end. In all likelihood this will only happen if I perform > 40 minutes of cardio at least three times per week. As it is I can't each much less fat and I don't think I'll be giving up my wine with dinner, so it looks like a combo of running/elliptical/treadmill will be the means to that end. See, I'm not just brains..

Third, and most importantly, I just got a phone call from a large production studio who received my resume and some good words via a friend. The woman who rang was very direct and not prone to small talk. I think I made the first cut (on the phone anyway). She actually asked me (among other things like salary expectation and willingness to work for someone "with a lot in his head,") "Mac or PC" and "what software do you know?" I replied, "Everything from Word to Maya." That seemed to suffice. We shall see. When I get back from my trip back east, I am to call her to set up a meeting.

And a couple of random wrap ups: got more Battlestar Galactica DVD's on their way thanks to Netflix; I successfully snagged Gawker Comment privileges so look for my biting wit and highbrow sarcasm there. And as soon as I can find that Rainbow Chard recipe I will post it.

2 comments:

LFSP said...

LOVE the Corolla audio. Just marvelous.

You've made my day!

drM said...

You were just getting used to being a HOUSEBOY!

Now you're going to have to hire your own Agador.